We're looking for a Digital Marketing/ Ecommerce Manager to join our team!
About Market Lane Coffee
At Market Lane, we put our hearts and souls into sourcing and roasting exceptional coffees that delight our customers every day. Our goal is to make great coffee accessible and exciting, and easy to brew and enjoy.
We have been roasting in Melbourne since 2009 and, from the beginning, we’ve been committed to quality, transparency, sustainability, and using business for good. These principles have a real impact on the way we buy coffee, the people we work with and how we run our business.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Marketing/Ecommerce Manager to join our team.
About this role
Our approach to digital is closely aligned with our approach to retail and service in our shops. Our values inform this approach, and our goal is to create an experience that is considered, consistent and exceptional.
As the Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Manager, you will very quickly become the champion of marketlane.com.au and everything thing that sits beside it. In this role, you’ll work to improve our customers’ online experience, and find new ways to increase engagement, drive traffic and lift conversion rates. You’ll keenly promote customer loyalty and dream up new and inspired ways for existing customers to engage with us online. And, with experience in the digital world already behind you, you’ll already have a few ideas on how to make that happen.
In this role, you will work closely with our internal team and manage relationships with our digital agency and consultants to develop and execute a digital communications and marketing strategy across all digital channels (website, email, social media). Understanding and digging into analytics will be a key part of this role and will be used to inform your strategic decision-making, as will your strong understanding of Market Lane’s mission and values.
- Overseeing all traffic generation activity to our website and striving to meet our revenue and conversion rate targets across all of our digital channels.
- Managing and implementing our paid marketing strategy (ads on Google/Instagram/Facebook) with the support of our Digital Advertising agency. This would include creating assets (liaising with our in-house Designer and Copywriter) and working closely with the agency to manage our budget and review and optimise performance.
- Developing, testing and executing targeted email marketing campaigns and customer flows in Klaviyo, with the support of our Designer and Copywriter.
- Running campaigns to increase our newsletter subscriber base – online and/or in-store.
- Optimising and managing all content on the site. This will include rolling out campaigns and promotions as well as working with the digital agency to implement site improvements.
- Working closely with our SEO consultant and Copywriter to review and improve our SEO performance.
- Working with the social media coordinator to develop and execute a results-driven social media strategy.
This role requires
- At least 3 years experience in digital marketing, performance marketing or e-commerce
- Sound understanding of digital commerce – customer journeys, conversion tactics, digital advertising, SEO, split testing, page optimisation, and UX
- Proven experience in email marketing and campaign management
- Solid familiarity with Google Analytics
- An understanding of performance marketing channels from an organic and paid sense – Facebook, Google, Instagram
Additional desired skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Experience using Shopify
- Experience using Klaviyo
- Experience with subscriptions and/or Recharge
You might be the one, if:
- You are passionate about clear communication and motivated by results. You love to make things happen, and action and outcomes are important to you. You like to execute a project down to the finest detail, measure its effectiveness, and then work to make it better next time.
- You are extremely organised and work well to a schedule.
- You have a good eye for detail and design. You understand the importance of something looking and sounding just right.
- You are a motivated person who can work independently, while simultaneously valuing teamwork and collaboration.
- You are a flexible and adaptable person who can think on your feet, and understand that priorities and projects can shift quickly.
- You have excellent time-management skills and can manage a variable workload.
- You are continuously evaluating personal progress, you seek and utilise feedback, and you actively develop ways to grow, learn and develop skills.
- You love the internet! You have a fluency and a confidence with technology and online social spaces.
Job specifics & benefits
- This is a full-time position, based in our office in Brunswick East, Victoria.
- This role offers a chance to work in an organisation that values quality and authenticity at all levels.
- Negotiable salary based on experience.
- Start date: we’re ready when you are!
- Market Lane Coffee is an equal employment opportunity company. We’re committed to fair and equitable treatment for all employees and prospective employees. We value and respect the diversity of our workforce, and we are committed to providing a supportive and healthy work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Instructions to apply:
- Please send your application to email@example.com
- Please title your email “Digital Marketing Manager”
- Include a cover letter and a CV with past relevant experience and at least 2 professional referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.